BCSD is a non-profit organisation, of public utility, which aims to connect and represent companies which actively engage in sustainability through inter-company projects which further sustainable development. It seeks the transition to a low-carbon economy, which enhances the value of ecosystems, thereby improving the welfare of society. BCSD is an influential actor inspired by new, competitive, innovative, responsible, and inclusive business models
BCSD – Portugal
Development of inter-company projects that encourage sustainable development
- Raising awareness and sharing good practices about the importance of safeguarding the natural heritage by companies;
- Organisation of sessions for companies;
- Preparation and management of environmental education initiatives;
- Carrying out environmental conservation actions:
- Sessions on sharing good practices among companies and stakeholders (public institutions, NGOs, other organisations);
- Sessions on natural heritage for small-and-medium businesses and start-ups;
- Sessions on natural heritage for secondary schools students.
No offers available for 2021.
With the support of the LIFE Volunteer Escapes project, BCSD – Portugal will deploy volunteers registered on the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) platform:
- Insurance: BCSD will provide insurance against work accidents throughout the volunteering period as legally required;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses from place of residence to hosting organisation (away and return per volunteer per volunteering period), in accordance with the thresholds set by the ESC:
- 10 to 99 km: up to 20 EUR;
- 100 to 499 km: up to 180 EUR;
- 500 to 1999 km: up to 275 EUR;
- 2000 to 2999 km: up to 360 EUR.
- Accommodation/sustenance: a daily allowance 20 EUR will be given to the volunteer;
- Training will be provided regarding the importance of management, protection, and conservation of natural heritage. Training will also be given on good management practices which could help tackle global challenges – including loss of biodiversity, scarcity of resources, and climate change – reducing, simultaneously, risks and striving for innovation.