SPEA’s objective is to promote the study and conservation of birds as well as their habitats, and it fosters a sustainable development which guarantees the viability of its natural heritage for future generations. It was founded in 1993 and it is the partner in Portugal of BirdLife International. Its scope is large and includes projects that seek to protect bird species that are under threat, through the restoration of their habitats, monitoring programmes of bird populations, actions to raise awareness, and environmental education among others (www.spea.pt).
SPEA – S. Miguel (Açores)
SPEA works for the study and conservation of birdlife and its habitat, promoting a development that guarantees the viability of the natural heritage for future generations to enjoy." "No offers avaialble
- Collection of seeds for nursery;
- Growth of native plants in nursery;
- Removal of invasive species;
- Planting of native species from the Açores;
- Construction of biophysical structures to reduce erosion;
- Restoration of peatlands;
- Office work;
- Environmental education actions.
No places currently available.
With the support of the LIFE Volunteer Escapes project, SPEA will deploy volunteers registered on the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) platform:
- Guidance by a specific supervisor, designated in the volunteering agreement;
- Theoretical and practical instruction of the tasks to be performed;
- Compulsory insurance provided;
- Accommodation and sustenance: for each volunteering day the volunteer will receive a daily allowance of 20 EUR;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses from place of residence to hosting organisation (away and return per volunteer per volunteering period), in accordance with the thresholds set by the ESC.